MedTrainer has released the Coronavirus (COVID-19) awareness training that is complimentary for all healthcare providers.
COVID-19 Coronavirus is a rapidly developing situation in the U.S. and around the world.
Register for free access to the coronavirus awareness training
The Coronavirus training will cover:
Healthcare Workers are the first line of defense.
Healthcare employees and providers are the first line defense to providing assistance to those infected and preventing the spread of infection. In fact, the Centers for Infection Control and Prevention (CDC) 18.6% of the reported cases are attributable to healthcare workers.
Understanding how to recognize symptoms, isolate patient/staff from others, communicate diagnoses, and prevent the spread of viruses during potential and actual pandemics; including incorporating best practices into the organizations’ emergency and disaster preparedness.
The Coronavirus awareness course will cover a high level introduction to the virus, which includes:
- Introduction to the virus
- Who is likely to be exposed
- Recognition and diagnosis
- Proper patient handling and care
- What is being done to help prevent the spread
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus, its origin, and mode of transmission.
- Provide a description of how the coronavirus is like other coronaviruses, such as MERS and SARS, and the relevance to how it is spread in highly populated and mobile communities.
- Identify COVID-19 symptoms and be able to differentiate the common cold or flu using questionnaires and specific testing.
- Describe how to evaluate, isolate, treat, and mandatory reporting requirements to local and state health departments and CDC.
- Identify precautions that healthcare organizations need to take to be prepared adequately for a coronavirus outbreak or similar public health emergency.
Need more than a single user and want to train your entire staff?
See how MedTrainer can help
Who should take this course?
Although not all healthcare workers are in the presence of patients, it is important to understand who should have Coronavirus awareness training.
Copyright © 2020 MedTrainer, Inc. – All Rights Reserved
MedTrainer, Inc. respects your privacy and will never share your information with any 3rd party.